Today I went to Church…
Today I went to Church…
For supper I fried bacon. After all the heat on the back porch I’d have done it naked if I could get away with it.
Also we skipped church, so now I’m not only a tattooed misery, I’m a heathen too.
But I wasn’t done sweating yet.
Before picture here.
I was thinking yesterday that I’m not a legalistic, rule-following, baptist-type Christian who gets all dressed up for church on Sundays.
Then I realized that I really do almost always wear a dress to church.
But I don’t do it because I’m “supposed” to.
I do it because little cotton dresses are cool to wear, easy to slip on (pair of sandals with and you’re done), and always look great. Men like dresses, by the way. Plus most of my dresses are fairly short.
And when you’ve got legs like this, you might as well take opportunities to show them off.
Even if it’s at church.
Flyer and closeups…
I baked 6 dozen biscuits, half of which had cheddar cheese and herbs in them. And I was late for church.
But today I did.
I got up at 7:30. Diantha and I were supposed to go ahead of the rest of the gang, on the motorcycle, and hold babies in the nursery for the 9AM service. The guys and kids were going to come along for the 10:20 service.
I didn’t have fever, but I was still achey and too weak to brave 1/2 hour on the bike in the cold and then hold people’s babies once I got there.
So I slept some more, got everybody up and out, and stayed home. Artemas stayed behind to help me, for 3 reasons: 1) because I needed help 2) because my car was already maxed out on bodies, not room for another, and 3) nobody else in the household is qualified to ride the motorcycle.
Also I thought it wouldn’t be nice of me to show up looking spectacular (I do today, but it’s a total front) to church if I had called in to not work the nursery because I was sick.
So here I am. But it sure felt weird.
Except me, because I’m still not up to speed.
So I’ll just lie here and talk to Jesus by myself and pretend to be a heathen.
Then made a stop at the liquor store on the way home.
We’re having sloppy joes and mac’n’cheese and sautéed herbed garden veggies.
Then in a lil’ while mama’s having coconut rum.
1) I went to bed at after 3:30 AM and got up about 9:30. I had NOTHING on my agenda today. I could actually sit and knit if I wanted to. WTH is UP with that?
2) I made honey-wheat pancakes and turkey breakfast sausages. I ate my pancake with peanut butter and maple syrup.
3) then the Baptist-youth-pastor neighbor, trying to be kind to a single woman, mowed half my front yard with his riding mower. Making it necessary to now mow the REST of the yard.
4) in mowing the back yard, I came across a half cement block, which I needed to put around the pressure regulator by the water meter.
5) when I put the block there, I realized I needed to fill in the hole around it. Which my x dug 2 yrs ago before he left and never filled in. Grass was beginning to grow up the edges of the mound of dirt. So I spent 1 1/2 hours breaking up dirt and filling a hole. Wolf mowed the rest of the front yard because it’s not right I should sweat alone.
6) when I started to mow the back yard again, I happened upon the nest/colony of tiny black ants that has invaded my house. So I had to stop and go to the store for lawn insect control. By the time I got back home, it was too hot to finish mowing til evening. So I took a shower and taught Di some math and put B to sleep for a nap before leaving for church. So much for getting any knitting done. :o/
This week the music isn’t rattling the broken bone in my arm. This is progress.
No Sundress Sunday. Just legs sitting in church…
B went in “big church” with me this morning