Saturday last six
1. B had a great birthday, judging by how tired she was tonight.
2. Shorthairedgirl and her sons came with Des. It was delightful to meet her. Her son Terrance seemed to get along well with Josiah. Her son Thomas liked my house very much, apparently.
3. I made a mom call in not taking my kids all on to another birthday party. B of course wasn’t happy about it but I’m glad I made the decision I did. Parenting is hard sometimes though.
4. I turned leftover sloppy joe meat from lunch into an awesome pot of chili for supper. I win.
5. Wolf has come down with the headcold I had this week. Bleh.
6. The socks I was knitting out of the Jasper handspun yarn Des spun, that I had called “Jasper meets Giselle,” I have instead decided to call “Jasper meets Disaster.” I gave up the ghost on them. I have knit the toe twice (first time too big around), the body of the sock twice (first time pattern caused it to twist), started the heel and dropped an unrecoverable stitch, started it again, got halfway through and decided the foot needed to be longer, ripped out the heel and knit more foot, knitted the heel again.
Now I’ve discovered that I’m not going to have enough of the yarn that I did the toes and heels in, to do both the toe AND heel of the 2nd sock. So it would have to have just the toe in that yarn or I have to buy more yarn or else I have to rip this heel out AGAIN.
In the time I’ve knitted this ONE sock I should have been able to do an entire pair, not to mention I missed both my deadlines of the recipient’s birthday AND Nashty.
So fuck this, I started a whole new pair tonight with a gorgeous yarn that I dyed myself and I’m almost done with the toe. Go me.